Looking to up your grooming game? Follow these 7 steps for a better shave.
1. Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and warm water.
Beginning your process by cleaning your entire face will help with more than your overall complexion. The combination of warm water and cleanser will soften your beard and skin, making you less likely to nick yourself while also getting a closer shave. We’re partial to the F&R Face Wash.
2. Using a shave brush or your fingertips, spread a toothpaste-sized amount of Fulton & Roark Shave Cream across your skin.
When it comes to our shave cream, less is more. The concentrated, no-foam formula is designed to go on as a thin layer across your skin. Using more than the recommended amount will likely slow down your razor without improving your experience.
3. Splash some hot water on top of the shave cream to activate the formula.
The addition of hot water to the shave cream not only helps keep your skin soft as you begin to shave, it also activates the shave cream, making it supremely slick. The result is far less razor drag, which makes for happier skin.
4. Gently glide your razor across your face with the grain.
In other words, move your razor in the same direction that your hair grows. Shaving “with the grain” will reduce friction and decrease the likelihood of ingrown hairs as your stubble grows back. Because every guy’s facial hair grows differently, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the details of your face before you shave. Knowing how your hair grows will make your shaving ritual a smoother process.
5. Rinse your razor every few strokes.
Whether you use a single blade safety razor or a high-tech five blade, keeping the blades clean and free of buildup will make for a more precise shave.
6. Rinse your face with cold water after shaving.
By rinsing with cold water, you not only remove any leftover shave cream, but you also help reduce any inflammation that may have been caused by shaving.
7. Finish up with one of our cooling Aftershave Cloths to leave your skin feeling
Our cooling Aftershave Cloths leave your skin feeling great and smelling fresh.
You can learn more about how they work here.